Neighborhood House - 120 Years of Service
We sincerely appreciate Tory Dahlhoff’s (yoemanfilmer.org) time and effort on this video, as he captured the rich history and current programs beautifully.
Peoria Non-Profit Community Involvement
Neighborhood House - 2015 Fundraising Video
Neighborhood House on Chamber Chat
Becky Rossman, Neighborhood House President/CEO with Chamber President Jeff Griffin
Meal deliveries benefit seniors, report says
"In a randomized, controlled trial commissioned by Meals on Wheels America, a Brown University public health researcher found that home-delivered meals provide health and psychological benefits to seniors beyond basic nutrition."
Excellent article on the importance of Meals on Wheels for seniors.
Neighborhood House - Live on Peoria Life
Hear our President/CEO Becky Rossman live on Peoria Life discussing what makes Neighborhood House a unique and essential part of life in Peoria for many.
At Neighborhood House, we believe:
- That all lives are enriched by participation in a compassionate and supportive community
- That the enduring strength of our Neighborhood Community relies on cultivating a spirit of neighborliness and mutual respect among diverse populations
- That Neighborhood House should work to bring groups and individuals together as an inclusive community
- That families require lifelines of support and benefit from community services and programs responsive to their needs
- That children and their families from all socioeconomic backgrounds should have equal access to quality early childhood programs
- That children and teens should have a safe environment for their development in order to foster positive social interactions
- That seniors, including the homebound elderly, need and deserve to be valued as individuals who are important to the fabric of community life
- That an effective settlement house must continually evolve and adapt to the ever changing needs of its community
CHECK BACK FOR FUTURE EVENTS